MASIE Center Services
The MASIE Center is an international ThinkTank focused on the changing workforce and how they will learn and perform. Here is what we do (and what we don't do!):
Keynote Presentations: Elliott Masie delivers several dozen keynote speeches each year to a wide range of organizations. Here are some of the topics that we present:
- Learning Agility
- FLIP Learning
- Empowered Learners
- Research to Practice
- Leadership Development: A Fresh Look
- From Instructional Design to Learning Design
- GPS/Performance Support
- Learning as a Global Force
- Distributed Teams - Distributed Learning
- Learning Systems Revisited
- Cloud Based Learning & More
- Connected Learning
- Impact vs. ROI
- Video for Learning
- Targeting Competency
- Learning Habits
The MASIE Center provides short-term, laser-like consulting for organizations that are either implementing new learning solutions or companies that are developing/refining products for the learning marketplace. Ninety percent of our assignments involve a one-day onsite visit and include pre- and post-telephone/video conferencing contact. Here are some examples of these paid services:
- Review of products prior to launch for quality assessment
- Analysis of organizational readiness for new models of learning
- Executive sessions with senior decision makers on strategic planning for learning and training approaches
- Third-Party review of major learning projects
- Re-inventing training and learning missions within organizations
What The MASIE Center Does NOT Do:
- Endorse specific products.
- Develop multi-media projects for clients.
- Serve on Boards of Directors of training and learning companies.
- Recruit new hires or provide career counseling.
- Advocate for specific models of organizational change.
The Learning CONSORTIUM
We are 242 organizations seeking a few new colleagues. We include the learning leaders of some of the largest companies in the world (e.g., Wal-Mart, JCPenney, British Airways, Wendy's International, Ericsson Inc. and American Express). Every day throughout the year, Learning CONSORTIUM members turn to each other and the staff of The MASIE Center for benchmarking, networking, research and collaborative projects in the Learning and Training field.
Here are a few examples of how our CONSORTIUM benefits from collaboration
on a daily basis:
- A member contacts the CONSORTIUM office to identify 2 members using a specific Learning Management System to get references, context and experiences.
- Six members work together on a working group considering alternative models for employee Orientation and On-Boarding.
- Elliott Masie conducts 1-to-1 coaching sessions with learning executives from two member organizations.
- Members participate in a rapid fire "poll" to benchmark spending per employee on Compliance issues.
- MASIE staff member attends a conference and sends a PodCast and text summary to all CONSORTIUM members.
- Members provide Microsoft with input on how their new operating system could support content sharing for learning.
- A member brings several of its business leaders to The MASIE Center Lab in Saratoga for a strategy session on the futures of learning and collaboration.
More than 2,500 people in 242 organizations worldwide collaborate and learn together on the issues and challenges you face. Together, we are evaluating, inventing, revising and improving the exciting field of learning! This is a community of trust, appropriate confidentiality and syndicated efforts to enhance the effectiveness of our efforts on learning and training.
The Learning CONSORTIUM is a small and very focused organization. The charge is only $5,000 per entire company for a year of service, collaboration and events. Our model is to be a long-term trusted collaborative of learning professionals that is vendor-neutral and ethically based.